When it comes to enhancing the appearance, there are two major avenues — natural and otherwise. “Otherwise” includes botox, fillers and, of course, surgery. While some fillers are relatively harmless long-term, none of these techniques actually improves the health. Acupuncture facial rejuvenation, however, provides all the time-honored benefits of acupuncture, while also improving one’s appearance. Here are nine ways acupuncture facial rejuvenation improves your health, appearance and longevity:
▪ Improves General Health: The health of your body’s organs and major systems affects not only the way you feel, but how you look as well. Think about how you look and function on four hours of sleep vs. eight hours. Acupuncture improves digestion, enhances blood circulation and can directly affect the condition of organs. It’s the old health from the inside out technique.
▪ Improves Skin Firmness and Texture: Improving blood flow to the face and improving organ function in general boosts nutrient transfer and oxygenation to the skin. This increase in skin nourishment enhances skin firmness and hydration.
▪ Relaxes Facial Muscles: Some facial insertion points are actually motor points of facial muscles, such as the corrugator muscle under the eyebrows. When this muscle contracts, it contributes to frown lines. Acupuncture in tense areas relaxes muscles, thereby softening lines and easing facial muscle tension in general. This cosmetic treatment also helps to relax tense jaw and neck muscles.
▪ Enhances Collagen: Inserting acupuncture needles into the skin promotes the growth of collagen along with an increase of water and fat content of the skin. This results in the softening of fine lines and wrinkles while increasing the depth and fullness of skin.
▪ Diminishes Eye Bags and Fluid Deposits: Acupuncture is a natural lymphatic drainage technique. Eye bags appear smaller and fluid accumulations under the chin reduce with regular treatment.
▪ Improves other Skin Conditions: Cosmetic acupuncture addresses your individual needs as well, whether they be acne scarring, hyperpigmentation or dull skin tone.
▪ Promotes Cell Regeneration: One way acupuncture helps to boost collagen production and diminish scar tissue is by actively promoting cell regeneration via enhanced blood flow. Therefore, cosmetic acupuncture actually proliferates new skin growth.
▪ Enhances Function of Sensory Organs: Acupuncture to the face can actually improve the condition and functions of the eyes, sinuses and ears. Some facial rejuvenation patients experience enhanced vision and less congestion in the ears and sinuses.
▪ Improves Energy Levels: Acupuncture is generally a rejuvenating treatment as it improves blood flow, releases endorphins and helps to release physical and mental tension. As cosmetic acupuncture is typically done in a series, over the course of treatment many patients experience not only cosmetic improvements, but also brighter moods, deeper sleep and a sense of emotional stability.
Clearly, cosmetic procedures don’t have to involve invasive surgeries or chemical injections. Cosmetic acupuncture has a multitude of healthy side-effects resulting not only in a more youthful appearance, but also a healthy body and mind. Check out Heritage Acupuncture’s series here: